UNESCO World Heritage Sites


The owner in 1800 was the blacksmith Gustaf Grundström, who also had some arable land.

Modification drafts

According to the 1885 amendment drawing, the plot has a two-storey residential building on the side of Vanhankirkonkatu, with a passageway and a second residential building with a barn, storage room and porch built together with it. A log outbuilding with two barns, stables and two sheds is attached to this building. There is also a small board shed in the inner part of the plot. The log outbuilding was to be thoroughly renovated, the lowest layers of logs that had sunk into the ground were to be pulled up and the building was to be fitted with a stone footing, which it did not have before. Replace or patch the rotten logs and raise the whole building, partly with hooks and partly with boards. Both the residential and the outbuilding wings were covered with a new single roof, as the pitched roof of the residential building had also decayed. The height of the building had been reduced to 6.5 feet due to subsidence, but after repair the height of the eaves would be 11 feet.

In 1905, changes were made to the buildings on the site. The outbuilding was replaced by a new section, the width of the frame of the residential section, which added one detached living room, one log cattle shed and three sheds. A separate toilet block was also added to the building. The conversion also involved changing the location of the baking oven from one room to another. A separate shed on the site was demolished.

In 1937, more apartments were added to the two-storey section. On the ground floor, one tiled stove was converted into a heating oven with cooking facilities. Upstairs, there was already a single stove room, but now a cooking area, probably a stove, was built into the side of the tiled stove in another small room.

In 1978, a sauna was built on the ground floor of the two-storey building, including a steam room, washroom, dressing room and sauna room.

Current situation

Residential building on the street:
Two-storey, oblong residential building with a gable end, hipped roof, architrave, walls raised when the existing gable roof was added. Probably built in 1806. It is one of the few surviving examples of the two-storey building type in Rauma.

Residential building on the courtyard side:
Residential building with long and short corners, horizontal boarding

Exterior building:
External building made of board

The gateway:
A pass-through gate at the west end of the residential building.