UNESCO World Heritage Sites


In 1756, the owner was listed as a widow from Helsinki. In 1800 the owner was the bourgeois Ephr. Sundell. He had a small field and a granary.

Modification drafts

There is a modification drawing of the buildings on the plot from 1884. There was a residential building along the street. Another residential building was on the eastern boundary of the plot, with its end facing the street. There was a gate between the buildings. On the courtyard side, on the western boundary of the plot, was an outbuilding with a barn, stables and sheds. On the southern boundary of the plot, attached to the eastern boundary of the dwelling was another outbuilding. It contained a small barn and a board shed. The change was to create a chamber as an extension to the residential building along the street. The building already had two rooms and a kitchen with a baking oven. Changes were also made to the yard row to divide it into three separate dwellings. Near the southern boundary of the plot, a wooden plank building was erected with a pent roof, and additional log sheds were added. The dwellings were of horizontal boarded construction, with classical moulding around the six-paned windows. Above the doors were lattice windows.

The street façade of the main building had Neo-Renaissance panelling designed by Arvi Forsman in 1906. It was related to the plasterwork in Iso-Hauka. There were two porches on the courtyard side. In 1909, the building had received an additional wing on the western side of the plot. It had two small kitchens, two rooms and entrances. The outbuilding, which was an extension of another dwelling on the eastern boundary of the site, now faced the southern boundary of the site. The outbuilding in the south-west corner of the courtyard had been replaced by a wing on the southern boundary in 1906, when the separate outbuilding on the boundary was demolished. The western wing of the outbuilding had been shortened at the same time as the residential building was given a wing. In 1911, the facade of the street end of the long building had been given an Art Nouveau masonry façade designed by Leonard Ahd in the same style as the end of the Naula long building. In 1935, the bakehouse of the residential building down the street was converted into a kitchen.

The buildings were destroyed by bombing during the Winter War. The present plastered, detached house dates from 1950. It was designed by Kaino Kari. The building is representative of the building style of the period. The outbuilding on the plot was designed in 1987 and erected in the late 1990s.

Current situation

Residential building
A plastered detached house built in 1950 (Kaino Kari). The original buildings on the plot were destroyed by bombing during the Winter War. The original residential buildings were located along the street. Vähämalminkatu did not continue as it does today to Eteläpitkäkatu, but the plots formed a closed block.

Outdoor building
New building from the late 1990s