UNESCO World Heritage Sites


The pre-Puandi belonged to Hamberg in 1756 and in 1800 to the former bourgeois Hinr. Tibiander. The house was also occupied by the parasite Rebekka.

Modification drafts

The oldest modification drawing dates back to 1893. It shows that there is a residential building on the plot along Kiviniemenkatu and another residential building on the northern boundary of the plot, with the end facing Kiviniemenkatu. An outbuilding was to be built on the north-west corner of the plot, with a log barn and stable, a latrine between them, and a wing on the western boundary of the plot, with a boarded-up barn porch and a cart shed.

The modification drawing by Arvi Forsman dates from 1901. The modification concerns the exterior of a residential building along the street. The building was covered with panelling and the four-light windows were surrounded by a triple-headed lining. The triangle is centred by a small flowerbed.

In 1921, a commercial door and display window were to be built at the street end of a residential building on the northern boundary of the site. The drawing shows that the end has been lined with the same type of panelling as the building facing the street.

In 1977, the building along the street was renovated for single-family use. It became a three-room, kitchen and bathroom apartment of 64.5 m2. A new outbuilding was built on the site in 1982, replacing the old one. A sauna and storage rooms were added. The second building was renovated in the 1980s as an extension to the street-side building.

Current situation

Building along Kiviniemenkatu
Long-cornered residential building, pantile lining, hipped roof. The layout of the buildings follows Arvi Forsman’s design from 1901.

Residential building on the west side
Short-cornered residential building, pantile cladding, saddle roof

Exterior building
New building from the 1980s

New gate made in the old style in 1989.